We publish an essential Truth, kindly sent to us by Hope Pittard at the Ascom company in USA. It reflects the misunderstanding of so many Hospitals, CIO’s etc, who put in place great technology – which in itself delivers no clinical benefit. There are other factors that are far more important – as Hope describes:
When considering an investment in workflow and mobility technology, hospital leaders should consider three specific metrics. By understanding these metrics, they can select the technology that delivers a great ROI, including tangible improvements in staff and patient satisfaction:
- Workflow Efficiency
- Efficient staff workflows help hospitals reduce pain points by eliminating workflow bottlenecks, reducing nurses’ steps and improving patient response times.
- Staffing Satisfaction
- Right-sizing the staff: Tracking and documenting workflows and patient events in real-time can help managers make more informed staffing decisions.
- Staff satisfaction (retention): Reducing staff turnover is a key objective for many hospital leaders – particularly given the high cost of turnover. Creating more efficient workflows improves staff satisfaction by enabling nurses to focus on what they are passionate about – spending time with patients at the bedside.
- Patient Satisfaction/HCAHPS Scores
- HCAHPS scores from patient satisfaction surveys are tied closely to hospital reimbursement. By increasing efficiency, hospital leaders can reduce patient response times – a key criteria evaluated in patient satisfaction surveys.
Ascom are a leading US based ICT provider. You can contact them via their Pr people, on +1 919.459.6462